Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Friends and Family

At Christmas dinner, Jonathan asked all of us what we were most thankful for this Christmas (I did tell him that was a Thanksgiving question, but I got shot down). My answer was simple...I was really worried about spending Christmas in NB this year, but we have some great friends that we spent it with and that helped me to enjoy my time.
This is the first year since 2002 that I have not gone back to BC for Christmastime. I did look into it...I had this wonderful daydream of picking up Jonathan from work last Friday and driving him down to the Moncton airport and surprising the heck out of him for Christmas...then I looked into the details. First, I'm borderline as far as flying goes...technically, I could fly there, but probably not fly back...too pregnant. Second, the cost. This would be the first time that we'd have to pay for a seat for Elijah...and you know how much airlines want to put on seat sales at Christmastime don't you? We could fly to England for less than we could fly across our own country! Long story short, both of us were kinda dreading not being with family.
We really did have a nice Christmas. We do have some great friends here that are becoming more like family to us than just friends. This is really cool to me because I had these kind of family/friends growing up. In fact one of them introduced herself at our wedding open mike with "Hi, I'm Karrie, I'm Kris' big sister by default". So thank you David and Janet, Debbie and Christy and the Ransons!

1 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Kristen,
I know what you mean, We stayed here this year too and were blessed by our new local friends and family. Its amazing how God can do that! I am glad to hear you had a good Christmas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home