Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Christmas Fun

Thank you Nigel for a variant of "getting to know your friends!"- you know I'm a sucker for it!...and Jaclyn, I can't believe you posted this faster than I did!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Both

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? We've got multicoloured on the tree, and white in the window

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Not this year, but have in the past

5. When do you put your decorations up? The weekend after Jeff's birthday (Dec. 3)

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding desert)? Turkey Dinner

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? waking up and seeing Santa in our house when I was about 6 or 7 (we can thank one of Dad's friends for that one!)

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember when I knew, but I knew long before I told my parents I knew...I remember overhearing Jeff asking Mom and Dad one day and I thought "NO! Jeff, you're going to ruin it for us!"

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Jeff always wanted to growing up, but I don't think we did. Now, we've started a Christmas pajamas tradition with Elijah, where he opens up a new pair of PJ's on Christmas eve that he wears that night.

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? Usually shortbread growing up

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Snow in BC was very exciting. Snow in New Brunswick is fun and pretty the first day...not so fun and pretty when you've had 4 plus months straight of it!

12. Can you ice skate? Yep!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I got a magic kit when I was 7 that I was really excited about...and I remember the Christmas that Jeff and I both got phones hooked up in our rooms,that was pretty exciting...probably the best though was being able to fly back to BC for Christmas the last couple of years

14. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pumpkin Pie

15. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We had so many growing up that I loved (going on a Christmas lights drive, eating at White Spot on Christmas eve, opening up stockings first, one at a time, picking a present passer...), but I really loved Dad reading to us on Christmas Eve. He would read, The Night Before Christmas, and The Christmas Story from Luke. Now, it's been fun to combine traditions with Jonathan and create new ones.

16. What tops your tree? A star

17. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? I love watching people open up gifts I've chosen for them (I know that sounds like the cheesy"right" answer, but it's true!)

18. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? O Holy Night

19. Favorite Candy? Not really a candy, but I have to have Nanaimo Bars at Christmas time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home