Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I have a sickness

I do, I feel completely uncomfortable if I'm not currently reading a novel. I know this sounds weird and I thought I'd be okay reading non-fiction (which, I'm currently doing), but I feel unbalanced right now. The problem is is that I have pretty much gone through all the new books that looked interesting to me at the library...there's one left to come in, so I'm at a loss as to what to do. In the past few weeks I flew through Margaret George's Helen of Troy, I've read all of Emily Giffen's books (the problem with discovering a relatively new author is they don't have many books out yet), gone back and read a lot of Belva Plain's books (I know I'm desperate when I'm doing this), caught up on all the Nicholas Sparks books I've missed in the last few years. And now I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any ideas? Any suggestions? I like historical fiction. I like really good writing. I love a good storyteller. Please help!

5 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try the 'Red Tent'
Author is Anita Diamant
Mom

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our book club has chosen the following books for the next couple months, maybe one will spark your interest.

- Thr3e by Ted Dekker
- The Gifted by Terri Blackstock
- Boo by Rene Gutteridge
- Hear Heaven by Sheila Davidson (local author)

 
At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Red Tent was good.
Francine Rivers -the Lineage of Christ.
Stuart Mclean- The Vinyl Cafe series.
I am currently reading the Boleyn series by Philippa Gregory since you like history, however English royal history is really brutal.
-Anna

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Shawn Branch said...

I really like "Cat in the Hat" by Dr Seuss. It really makes you think.

 
At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Kristen!
have you read Inkheart or Inkspell bye Cornelia Funke? I know they kind of fall under the heading of pre-teen and they're not really historical fiction or not but my mom read them and she loved them they are mostly about a girl that can make books come to life and her adventures.
Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home