Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Where are the Hippies?

I am a huge fan of The Amazing Race, it is the only reality show that constantly grabs my attention...mostly because I love travel and seeing other cultures. I had a feeling that they would look to do an All-Stars show sometime soon and I was right. Season 11 (premiering in February) is going to be an All-Star edition. So who do you think of when you think Amazing Race All Stars? Well, I got 4 pairs right on: Rob and Amber (of course, how can you do a reality all-stars without them?), Uchenna and Joyce (the only previous winners of The Amazing Race to be in for All-Stars), Charla and Mirna (can be a little annoying, but memorable in a more pleasant way than not), and David and Mary (the coalminer and his wife, very endearing). I'm kinda amazed at who isn't there...most notably: BJ and Tyler aka - the Hippies. I'm also not looking forward to watching Dustin and Kandice again (annoying beauty queens don't get any easier to like). There's one pair that has never raced together before but met on the show: Danielle and Eric. I didn't start watching the show until part way through season 3, so I can't comment on any of those racers...and there are no teams from seasons 4, 6, and 8. No teams from the family edition is understandable, probably the worst season of the Amazing Race. But there were some memorable teams in those other 2 seasons...I guess with couple breakups and all you can't re-cast some people. Season 4 was particularily memorable (the virgins, the clowns...). I also suppose you wouldn't want to relive some particularily abusive racers (anyone remember Jonathan? poor Victoria!).

Here's the cast (any predictions?):

Kevin & Drew
Lifelong Friends ("Frats")
Season 1 (4th Place)

Ozwald & Danny
Best Friends ("Cha Cha Cha")
Season 2 (4th Place)

John & Jill
Formerly Dating
Season 3 (5th Place)

Uchenna & Joyce
Married
Season 7 (1st Place)

David & Mary
Coalminer and Wife
Season 10 (6th Place)

Charla & Mirna
Cousins
Season 5 (6th Place)

Rob & Amber
Married
Season 7 (2nd Place)

Teri & Ian
Married Parents
Season 3 (2nd Place)

Eric & Danielle
Dating
Season 9 (2nd/8th Place)

Joe & Bill
Life Partners
Season 1 (3rd Place)

Dustin & Kandice
Beauty Queens ("Blondies")
Season 10 (4th Place)

3 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just not worth watching without the Hippies.

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My little brother got the 'Amazing Race' dvd game for Christmas. It's actually REALLY neat- I loved playing it. I'd suggest it for a party game, and i KNOW you'd enjoy it. good times.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger David said...

I love the Amazing Race... interesting news about the hippies... they were doing a blog on the CBS website during the last season of the Amazing Race, but when they found out they weren't going to be on All Stars, they threw a bit of a fit and their blog disappeared (same thing happened to Chip & Kim... who were personal favorites of mine)

As far as predictions, look for David & Mary to leave early on, and look for team Guido (from season 1) to be particularly obnoxious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home