Thursday, January 11, 2007

something about 7 months

7 months must be the turning point in pregnancy. I went back to work this week and most people have asked me how much longer I have to go (5 weeks of work, 8 weeks of pregnancy). And every one of them seems surprised by the answer. ("That's still aways away!") Am I that huge really? There must be something about 7 months of pregnancy that makes people think you're almost ready to go, even though you've got another 2 months to go. Is this because we don't often see 9 months pregnant women around? Are pregnant women in movies designed to look 7 months pregnant when their characters are 9 months? I think I'm doing pretty good overall...I feel good, I'm right on track with weight gain and baby growth...and I still fit all of my maternity clothes with room to spare yet (I know I'll need it, I remember 38+ weeks from the last time around!)

1 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is because unless you abselotely have to, most women start getting irritated with stupid comments people make, and your clothes stop fitting well enough to leave the house, so you start hibernating around 8ish months or so. Also, people forget that there are technically 10 (count them, its true) months to pregnancy, so they think its 7 - 8 - baby, when really its 7 - 8 - 9 - baby. They forget that you are actually 9 months pregnant for a whole month (well, give or take a few weeks).

I've had people telling me I'm ready to pop and my due dates much be wrong since November, Kris, so don't feel bad. I'm sure you're right on track.

This is Jill, by the way, I'm just too lazy to sign in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home