Thursday, October 19, 2006

What do want to be remembered for?

I guess it is man's need for eternity that wants him to leave his stamp on the world. We seem to want recognition either by being published, or, prizewinner, or, having our moment on film. We want to be remembered as having walked this planet after we are gone. How will you be remembered? My attention was caught today by a new product created by a company called Eternal Image. They have announced that sports fans can have their ashes held in an urn declaring them a lifelong fan of their favorite Major League Baseball Team. Eventually all 30 teams will be represented. If you aren't a baseball fan, no need to despair. The company is also in talks with the NFL, NBA and NHL.
For me, I would like to be remembered as a good wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend. Most of all I would like to be remembered as someone who walked with Christ. I would like to be remembered by the one I hope to be with for eternity. I put my trust in Him almost 7 years ago and I can honestly say that my life has never been so good. Where I was lost before, I now find purpose. I know why I'm here and I know the direction I am going. The truth that I've discovered is that for years I lived without God in my life. I always felt there was something more to life, but I didn't know what it was. Once I met Jesus I began to develop a relationship with Him, my life began to make sense. It was no longer directed with me at the centre. It was directed with Him at the centre. He, who created each and every one of us desires to be with us. God is a gentleman, He will not impose Himself onto us. He desires a relationship with us, but a relationship works 2 ways. We have to want Him too. If you feel that your life is missing something...if you feel that you would like to find purpose...if you would like to know Jesus, then I ask you to consider praying this simple prayer (prayer is not a big mystery, it is just talking to God): "Lord Jesus, I need You. Thank You for dying on the cross for my sins. I open the door of my life and receive You as my Savior and Lord. Thank You for forgiving my sins and giving me eternal life. Take control of the throne of my life. Make me the kind of person You want me to be." Where do you go from there? Or maybe you just aren't ready to take that step? Or maybe you are just a little bit interested in what I have to say today?Then I encourage you to check out one or more of the following.
1) look into taking an Alpha course...http://www.alphacanada.org/
2) read this and think about it: http://www.godlovestheworld.com/
3)or read this and think about it: http://www.fathersloveletter.com/

1 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing Kris... beautiful thoughts and words...Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home