Saturday, October 28, 2006

Things that bug me

Today Elijah and I were coming out of the Tim's drive-thru and heard a fire truck coming down the main road. As we watched it coming, the car in front of it caught my attention. It refused to move over for the fire truck. Seriously! Where are you going that is more important than the fire truck?!!! As the fire truck honked and tried to get by, the driver actually frowned and shook his head with a disgusted look on his face. I couldn't believe it. How selfish can one person be?! Fortunately, the other cars on the road were all pulling over and the fire truck managed to find a path through.
Other things that bug me these days:
-People that don't signal!
-Jaywalkers! Kings Square is especially bad for this. Saint Johners would not survive Vancouver streets!
-That a 2 year old's favorite word is "no"...does it corelate to age? a 2 letter word for a 2 year old...do I have hope that when he's 3 his favorite word will be "yes"? :o)
-that the stove burner liners are never where I think they should be at the grocery store (btw they are kept by the disposable baking pans in the baking aisle...not in the cleaning aisle and not by the aluminum foil)
-spam email that gets through yahoo's spamguard
-that ATV moved Dancing with the Stars to Saturday night instead of Tuesday/Wednesday...I know, I know...but I like my brainless TV mid-week (and please don't say I could just watch it in ABC...we don't subscribe to cable)
-Oh and I'd like CSI NY and the Law and Order shows to air one hour later too

3 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to add to your topic Kris of things that bug me...'selfishness'! Yes as some of you may or may not know I work in the Operating Room ( I'm Kris' Mom). We had a patient on the OR table the other day who was having a minor elective surgery. The general surgeon I was working with came in the room and said we have to cancel - there is a man downstairs with a ruptured spleen - bleeding out who may die at any moment if we don't do him now...This man who was on the OR table had the biggest hissy fit I've ever witnessed!! Made me want to slap him on the side of the head!!....and I'm not a violent person! You should have heard the conversation between him and the surgeon...I wouldn't wish to repeat it!but in short he wasn't giving up his place easily.

So that at present is my biggest bug bear...love Mom

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger Chris Burke said...

church politics is my current pain in the arse

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Angela Mae said...

Imagine if you lived in Asia how much longer that list would be!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home