Monday, November 27, 2006

Book Review

Most of you know that I love to read...Jonathan frequently mentions that he married a book nerd...which goes hand in hand with my brother's assessment of me growing up. Since university, most of the books I read are novels. This past week; however, I decided to pick up one of those books that isn't a novel that has been sitting on my shelf for about 6 months. I'm terrible that way...I love getting into fiction, but professional reading, I put off and put off. Well, I'm glad I picked this one up and read it. It is "The Bully, The Bullied, and The Bystander" by Barbara Colorosso. It is written specifically for parents and teachers, but I think that anyone who is concerned about recent school shootings, violence, bomb threats, suicides, cyber bullying etc... could get something out of it, looking for a community solution. I highly reccommend this book to all. As soon as I was done, my friend Jaclyn asked to borrow it (she teaches grade 7), Jonathan also wants to read it (he's a youth pastor), and my mom asked for the information (just as a concerned citizen). It is a really easy read...I read it off and on in about a week, and it makes a lot of sense. She has a way of putting situations that I never thought of before, looking into the why's of behaviour and how we can teach our kids to handle situations that they encounter every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home