Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Birthdays

I admit that I suffer from pregnant brain...as my brother Jeff would say "where's Kris's famous memory now?". Yes, I used to have a good memory, a really good memory. Then, 3 years ago I got pregnant. Now, I'm pregnant again and suffering even more. Example of how pregnant brain works: Sunday morning and I'm lay reading (which means that I'm leading the service at church). I'm doing okay, following the order all right...Michael comes up to read the epistle...great! Now it's the psalm. I'm looking around...no one is coming up to read the psalm...I notice David mouthing to me "the psalm, the psalm"...oh, yeah, that's right, I'm supposed to read the psalm! Things like this happen quite frequently. I'm getting to be a good writer of notes and constantly use the white board on our fridge to jot things down. Anyways, the whole point of this is, I'm now terrible at remembering birthdays. Sometimes I'm good at remembering the months...or, good at remembering them about a week after the fact, but I just can't rely on myself to remember them any more. So, if you got a little birthday alarm email from me, please respond to it...put in yours, your spouse's, your kids'. My mom tells me that you never fully recover from pregnant brain. I don't know why this is, but it's a true fact. If for some reason, you didn't get an alarm email from me, please just leave your birthday in my comments area. Thank you.

2 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting...never heard of a "pregnant brain" before. Learn something every day. I wonder what those moms are like after having like 11 Children. (shudder) hahahaha.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Those are the mums who list off a dozen names before they get to yours. "Karen, Kathy Melissa,Oh Suagar you know who you are!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home