Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My 2 year old's view of the world

*aka* note to Jill

Today Elijah climbed on my knee as I was perusing my friend Jill's latest "photo spam" at Yahoo Photo's. At each picture I patiently answered Elijah's questions about who the people were and what they were doing. Several of these pictures were of Jill and Dave's son, Andrew, who is 6 weeks younger than Elijah. After we finished, Elijah said, "I want to see him"..."Who honey?", "me want to see Andrew"...I complied and re-showed him one of Andrew's pictures. " No Momma, me want to see him!"..."that is him honey"..."no Momma, me want to see him now. Andrew and Elijah play"..."Well, we can only see him in the picture honey, he lives far, far away in Saskatchewan"... "No Momma, me see him now! Andrew my friend!"
So Jill, our dreams of our children one day getting along have come true, they are friends, even if it is only virtually and in Elijah's mind.
Incidentally, Elijah and Andrew have played together once before, they were 7 and 6 months old respectively!

4 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Blogger gray said...

That's so neat Kristen! He's a special little guy.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I still cant believe how much he has grown. How Blessed you are !
Grace, The two year old up here is talking so much now and it seems that everyday she has 10 new words.
Crazyness !

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger Jilly said...

Aawwww. How cute is that. Well, we'll do our best to get out that way some time . . . after our next child is travellable. I'm glad they can be friends of the imagination, anyway. Were our boys really that small just a year and a half ago? It doesn't seem possible.

 
At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can he come back to Taylor again??? hahaha...I miss that kid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home